9.14.2002

In bed by 1. Up by 10. I rock. at maintaining a decent sleep schedule.

I had a bunch of weird dreams last night. In one of them, we were at this weird store with our family friends from Seattle. I was looking at guitar straps, and then they had to say goodbye to go home, so we did, but I just wanted to look at the straps. Because next to the guitar straps on this rotating rack thing were things that looked like guitar straps... but were really skinny neck ties! I was overjoyed to have found so many cool skinny neck ties at $10 a piece. I wished very badly that I wasn't in a dream and that I could keep the ties. Then I woke up.

But before I woke up, I dreamt that our wireless network server was actually battery powered and was lying on the floor, and I futzed with it and took the battery pack off, restarting the whole network. This was bad cause to restart the network takes a lot of work and my dad would be angry. Then I woke up.

Last night I also caught Superdrag on Conan. Rock. The bassist sang all the "yeahhhhhs" with the lead singer, and it was very much out of tune. Other than that it was really well done, even the long vocal break in the middle. Rawk.

I also managed to catch Morrisey on Craig Kilborn [shudder]. I know the Smiths are supposed to be really good... but this guy not only looked like a cheesy lounge singer.. he sounded like one. Like a male version of Enya, I swear to you.

Still debating the Mooney Suzuki show. Who wants to go with me? Tickets go on sale today.
Beck and the Flaming Lips go on sale today. It's $37.50 and at the Chicago Theatre, which I assume is sit down, so by the time I get people to go all the good seats [if not all the seats] will be sold out. Meh.

No comments: