10.07.2002

In honor of the Strokes concert this Friday at the Aragon, this week is dedicated to Strokes' obsession. Let's call it the Strokes Week of Off the Hookness. Thank you very much.

To get things started, I would like to thank Laura and Laura for getting me a copy of the new new song "I Can't Win." Dem ladies have connections, and lemme tell ya, this shit is OFF THE HOOK. It's totally from the 80s, I would even venture some Joy Division/New Order guitars and drums, and a crazy hazy harmonized chorus. Best new song yet, by far; way to take it to the next level.

Next, I would like to introduce a series of "Peter's Strokes' Concert Dreams" that I will be posting in the coming days.
Strokes dream #1: Peter gets invited backstage cause of his nifty threads. Simple.
Strokes dream #2: Oh no! Fab is injured! They need someone who knows all the drum parts by heart! But who..? Peter, get your skinny white ass over here!

No comments: