2.14.2004

VALENTINE'S DAY BLOWS

Here's a mix for the fourteenth, and all lingering feelings of rejection you may have afterwards. Right click the song and save target as.

VALENTINE'S DAY BLOWS

  1. The Coral - "Waiting for the Heartaches"

  2. Pixies - "Broken Face"
    You probably didn't realize it, but this is a love song. A sick, sick love song.
    Sample lyric: "There was this boy who had two / Children with his sisters / They were his daughters / They were his favourite lovers"

  3. Exploding Hearts - "Sleeping Aides and Razorblades"
    Sample lyric: "You know the first time you left me it was so hard / And it didn't help you told all my friends I'm a retard"

  4. The Unicorns - "Les Os"
    Sample lyric: "Is this love of ours a lie? / Is it killing me alive? / Is this love of ours a lie? / Is it chemically derived?"

  5. Spoon - "The Figures of Art"
    Sample lyric: "It's easier to drink on an empty stomach / than eat on a broken heart"

  6. The Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"

  7. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
    Sample lyric: "If you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son / I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

  8. Jimi Hendrix - "Manic Depression"

  9. The Walkmen - "The North Pole"

  10. REM - "Everybody Hurts"


Happy Valentine's Day.



More effed up Valentines here. (link from Gawker)


In other news, I have 4 tickets to I am going to see The Strokes (possibly with The Raveonettes opening) at First Ave, and chances are you don't won't be able to.

No comments: