4.06.2004

GROW... UP TO BE... BE A DEBASER

More Pixies tour dates have been announced... for the fall. I have definitely never had to buy tickets this far in advance.

This is hilarious. (via Jay)

The Unicorns show on Saturday was, for the most part, great. Jon and I had to get there really early, but as a trade-off we got to see The "Unis'" soundcheck, so they played "Innoculate The Innoculous" and "Tuff Ghost" just for us.

Then we waited... and waited... and then The Ponys played... who were interesting for a bit, but definitely hadn't honed their sound yet. Then we waited, and Beans (formerly of the Anti-Pop Consortium) rapped to a discman, which was ok. But that's when the retard 15 year olds started dancing like they'd never even heard of hip-hop, and things just got worse from there.

At the start of The Unicorns, the band acknowledged how overtly all-ages the show was. By the end of the show, the dumbass kids had jumped up and down like it was 1993, started a mosh pit, and danced more awkwardly than any Bar Mitzvah I have ever been to. I know that when I was in high school, 18+ shows pissed me off to no end. But, I mean, COME ON. I HAD to have been more mature than these kids. No, wait, it's not even a question of maturity... they were just so DUMB. Ugh. The only reason I'm bitching about this is because it made it hard to enjoy the show, which besides us being at the venue for so long, would have otherwise been great.

I know I've said this a million times, but updates are going to be slow for a while still. I can't figure out what to with the site. But I have stuff planned for the rest of the week: I've been listening to music even more than usual the past few days, and I've got some stuff to talk about. So... I'm going to do it backwards: Wed-Thurs-Fri will go future-present-past. Capiche? No? Too bad. Bye.

No comments: