4.19.2004

SOMEBODY TOLD ME

Radiohead has a new, somewhat more sense-making website up. Radiohead also played some relatively un-played songs from The Bends at a recent show.

Mediaeater has random photos up from the past month, including stellastarr*, Ambulance Ltd., and Broken Social Scene. Great for desktop backgrounds. He also has shots from the Muse show.

The 5,6,7,8's are playing a show in the UK.

Last weekend, Kelsey and I went to see the MC5 documentary at the Oak St. Theatre. We got there and the girl at the ticket window said, "We can't show the film. Wayne Kramer is suing and making his own documentary. We are showing a Polish film." Polish?! We wanted some freakin Detroit RAWWWK!
Anyway, the MC5 (or what's left of it) is going on tour. Weird. Thanks to Coax Me for the heads up.

I am incredibly late in jumping on the bandwagon, but for the past few days, I have not been able to stop listening to The Killers.
Initially, I was turned off to the band from their song "Indie Rock 'n Roll", which, despite its absolutely inescapable melody, is pro-tooled into oblivion and has some of the worst lyrics I have heard in really, really long time.
Then I somehow ended up listening to the song "Somebody Told Me". This song, and the others I have, totally own. Dark glam rock with dirty stories about death and a big, spacious new wave production. I'll let you know what I get sick of them(which shouldn't be for a while).

No comments: