3.17.2008

YOU GOT YRS


I have been obsessed with this song for the past two weeks or so, so it's good timing for the video to be released.

Spoon was my favorite band for a while in high school, but after seeing them three times, and being progressively more disappointed, until an unbearably boring Gimme Fiction era performance, I got turned off. But Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga just sounds so good, I can't help it.

"You Got Yr Cherry Bomb" in particular sounds great. The snare, tambourine, xylophone/marimba/whatever, the little vocal effects, and the horns are all perfect. The drums especially stand out for me, since sometimes I really hate how Jim Eno gets way too involved with the production and everything comes out sounding over-produced and dead and boring. I also love this video. It's psychedelic and simple, and it syncs up with the music in all the right ways. I think more videos should sync with their songs.

No comments: