3.05.2004

THE HAPPY ENDING

If you haven't noticed, we essentially don't update anymore.

All Music Guide really likes the new Liars LP. Go figure.

TV on the Radio has finished a video for "Staring at the Sun" (via catbirdseat). It's pretty cool and trippy, but I wish they showed the band playing together instead of individually. They have a weird, funky chemistry going. Their record comes out next week, check it, yo.





The new issue of Fader has features on The Unicorns and Franz Ferdinand, and a big one on Liars. Check that headline: PUNK-ASS WITCHES. Gold baby, gold.



The last few days I've been listening to the new Von Bondies record, Pawn Shoppe Heart. It's really, really rockin', and bluesy (of course, being a Detroit band and all) but .. not that simple. It's friggin awesome.

I've also been getting into Kanye West's debut, College Dropout. His rhymes are really smart and sometimes funny, and the stuttering drum beats and slightly-sped-up samples all work really well together. And it's always great to hear lyrics about Chicago.

I've also been listening to some of Phantom Planet's self-titled new one. Sue me. The opening track, "The Happy Ending", is huge. Huge drums, huge bass line, and really catchy. And you gotta love yelling along to these choruses.


Next week will be great for shows. At the 400 Bar (right down the street!), be sure to catch The Walkmen and French Kicks together, and then TWO nights of The Stills with Broken Social Scene. Hopefully, you will see me there.

On the Onion: Jesus Demands Creative Control Over Next Movie.
For real though, here is a great article about Mel Gibson and The Passion. I definitely recommend reading it. From Bobby

From Jay: Microsoft WORD. SO TRUE.

Final note: I am getting much closer to knowing what I want the site to be. I just need some time to work out a new layout and figure out the specifics. Midterms are next week, but then I will have spring break to work on it. Expect probably a small, less-emphasized blog, with a big weekly article about specific bands, albums, songs, or concerts, with photography mixed in. That's what this site was supposed to be in the first place.

No comments: