8.13.2004

SAY SOMETHING NEW

Last day of summer job.

I hate linking to the Pitchfork newswire because it flat-out blows. Their lead story today is completely taken from the NME article on the Strokes that I linked to yesterday, but they barely mention NME once. They give the impression that they are actually REPORTING on something rather than STEALING it from NME. There's not even a link! Fuck you Pitchfork.

With that said, it turns out that not only Ratatat is supporting Mouse on Mars, but the Junior Boys as well. That is one Minneapolis date not to miss. Get thee to the Ascot room!

Hope of the States is going on a US tour, and surprisingly is hitting both Chicago and Minneapolis. I have yet to actually hear any of their music, but a friend tells me that the record is good and the live show is unbelievable. Slatch had a contest go up yesterday to win their record... and it's gone now. Oops!

Black Dice are on tour. Check calendar at left for the Chicago date I may attend.

The Raveonettes are recording their next album in NYC. It may have guests! Ooh! Way to tell us who, bitches.

Queens of the Stone Age do tell us who is guesting on their new album. Hot.

Many thanks to my excellent readers for providing much of today's content! See below:

Mahjongg still plays tonite. And I have that link for them now, despite my laziness!

I was reminded that the forthcoming Death from Above 1979 album is entitled You're a Woman, I'm a Machine. Oh you crazy kids! I will probably just keep plugging them until I stop listening to them, so it might be a while.

One Jean Genie reports that Moving Units forthcoming album, Dangerous Dreams, has FINALLY leaked. Get thee to a Soulseek! That album has literally been on my Amazon wishlist for a year, and I don't think there's even a final release date yet. If it's been finished for that long, what's the hold-up? I haven't been at my own computer for a couple days, but be assured that as soon as I find that album, the track that is just drums, bass and vocals will be available for your listening pleasure.

Also, I will try and get a hold of the leaked Ted Leo and Devendra Banhart. Download Ted Leo's "Me and Mia" from the Lookout! website.

Said the Gramophone has choice mp3s from Bright Eyes, French Kicks, The Go! Team, Devendra Banhart, and Can. Get them while you can. And Fluxblog has live Sonic Youth.

I heard this thing about Donnie Darko on NPR this morning. I think it was the editor of the Christian Science Monitor or some shite. WTF. I will never be able to watch this movie again. Every d-bag in the world is like, "Oh man, it's so deep."

High class iPod cases!

Rolling Stone has a review of a new Northern State LP, All City. I remember when I liked this band for about one week last summer. Good times. Now please go away.

I think I already posted these, whatever. Libs US dates. They steer clear of Minnesota. Don't blame em. Fookin' midwest. FRIDAY OCTOBER 8 2004, 9 PM, THE LIBERTINES WITH RADIO 4, 18+, FINE LINE. PERFECT.

1 comment:

Douglas Reinhardt said...

http://www.movingunits.net/dd_advance/

username=mu
password=presshere

"birds of prey" is the only decent song, in my humble opinion.