9.02.2004

OBSESSED WITH CHRIS MICHAELS

This is insane: this guy is dissecting the Fiery Furnaces' album Blueberry Boat song by song, and he is going into incredible depth. Check this post on one of the album's best songs, "Chris Michaels." I still have to find time to read it. My only problem with this analysis is that the author is analyzing the album as a bunch of linked singles, when I think that in the Pitchfork interview, Matthew said that the songs on the album really weren't supposed to be linked.

Carrie Smith leaves the Von Bondies. She's being replaced by another female bassist with the last name Smith. Huh.
Related: The Von Bondies' tour diary has been updated (don't be fooled, the early July entries are brand new). Turns out drummer Don Von Bondie is a pretty funny guy.

Preorder Prosaics' debut EP Aghast Agape from Insound, out October 12.

Pete Libertines is pretty much let off the hook.

I'm glad to see that a bunch of people are finding the site by searching for what song was playing during the new Real World Philadelphia commercial and finding my post about it. Hopefully, Morningwood's getting some publicity for that spot, even if they aren't mentioned in the ad.

Also, updates will be slow for the next few days as I move back to Minneapolis. If you're in town and know my number, give me a call over the weekend. If you don't have my number, e-mail me.

Listening: Last Exit, Junior Boys; The Last Broadcast, Doves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come you're not "IN" like you're friends?