10.15.2006

WHERE MY HEAD'S AT

Soulful Science was fun, but I was less than impressed with my DJ set. Oh well. Just means Friday's will be that much better. Tracklist here.

I wish I could see Basement Jaxx live, instead of just on Letterman. Dancing gorillas, man. Dancing gorillas.

I can't remember two releases I've been more excited for in a long time. One: the DFA remix of Justin Timberlake's "My Love". Sitting here imagining what this might sound like gives me the giggles. Two: lcd soundsystem's new full-length by way of commission from Nike, entitled 45:33. I get the feeling that this piece is just going to make life a little much better. Until then...

Still digging on DC Recordings and the Emperor Machine. Thank you for the reminder, Electric Independence.



Hot Chip rereleased killa-single "Over and Over" last week with a slew of new b-sides, including a new Mock & Toof dub (!!) and a cover of "Sexual Healing" (!!!!).

FADER interview with one Ewan Pearson makes me feel better about my life choices. Cool guy.

Uncut (what's a better way to say that?) interview with The Rapture at Status Ain't Hood. Hurrah for music geeks.

That Soulwax Nite Version of the Gossip's "Standing in the Way of Control" is the best thing to come out of that Gossip record so far (which isn't saying a whole lot, I guess), so I will now be playing the Gossip in future DJ sets. Thank you, Soulwax.

Until I get around to writing up full reviews (if I do), shows of the past week:
(An evening with...) Secret Machines (...in the round) at First Ave
B-

TV on the Radio with Grizzly Bear at First Ave
D+/B (TVOTR/GB)

Junior Boys at 400 Bar
A

Kasabian with Mew at Fineline
B-/D-

I've been listening to Here Come the Warm Jets on repeat today.

That is all.

No comments: