10.23.2009

Shit Robot



I am thrilled to have Shit Robot at Too Much Love tomorrow.  His latest single, "Simple Things (Work It Out)" has been an anthem of sorts for this year, and I love listening to his DJ sets.  He has a fantastic take on production and house music, so I can't wait for tomorrow.  More details at the TML blog.


The Bot was the guest on Beats in Space this week, where he and James Murphy gave TML a small shout-out.  Definitely listen to his set on BiS, and check out his "Simply Shit" mix on XLR8R.



Shit Robot began his mix with LCD Soundsystem's latest track, a cover of Alan Vega's "Bye Bye Bayou" which you can stream on MySpace.  Vega's Suicide has come up more and more often as a reference point for music I enjoy - I heard the Horrors have been ending shows with "Ghost Rider" - so I was really not surprised when this song popped into my life.  It's a driving synth work out, with expertly delayed vocals, and what sounds like helicopters descending in Vietnam.

No comments: