11.10.2003

November Part I

November is turning out to be one of my most intense months for shows. Ever. And now I am very sick.
In lieu of actual galleries and write-ups because I am lazy, under-the-weather, and still thinking about/working on the site re-design, here are some photos and summaries from the past week:

  • Pretty Girls Make Graves with Cobra High / November 2 / Triple Rock, Minneapolis

    PGMG are awe-inspiring. Five people, all amazingly talented at their instruments, playing very carefully constructed, passionated songs as one unit.

  • The Rapture / November 7 / First Ave, Minneapolis [I'm not done going through all of the photos yet..]

    The Rapture put on a good show, but I couldn't help but me mildly dissappointed, due largely to the venue. The stage at First Ave is almost as tall as I am, so while there's no barrier, it's hard to feel like part of the show. Also, we were joined at the front by many couples ages 40+ (I am totally serious; this is not my exageurated youthful prespective) who were extremely intoxicated.

  • TV on the Radio / November 9 / Triple Rock, Minneapolis

    I can't wait for their LP to come out in March. Live, they have a full five person band (drums/guitar/bass/vox+guitar/vox) and David Sitek commented to me that they were trying out a more rock-oriented sound, which was quite obvious. All the songs worked amazingly, even "Blind", which was almost twice as fast as the recorded version. TV on the Radio has this huge sound, buzzing loud with intensity and all that good stuff. See them if possible.


Now I have to go get better, because November ain't over. Upcoming shows:



Until later..

No comments: